Women’s Power Space is committed to involving and serving youth in all that we do. We are currently seeking founding members for our Youth Council. Youth Council members must be high school students at the time of application and commit to serving for one year.
What does it mean to be on the Youth Council of Women’s Power Space?
- Represent! Youth Council members advise the staff and board on all decisions. You will be sharing your own ideas, but you are also
- Make a difference! We want members who are passionate about making a difference in their communities. If you want to see a change and are excited about being a part of making that happen, this opportunity is for you.
- Be a leader! While contributing meaningfully to WPS, you will also receive valuable leadership training and experience.
- Be a part of it all! Youth Council members are expected to truly be a part of the Women’s Power Space community. That means coming to yoga, movement, and arts classes (Youth Council members earn free class cards!), bringing your friends to events, hanging out in the center whenever you want, and of course enjoying the yummy food at meetings.
- Along with the Advisory Council, Youth Council members attend the first segment of the Board of Director’s meetings once every month to give insight and recommendations.
- Attend Youth Council meetings twice every month to discuss issues, possibilities for growth, and to work on their projects. The executive director will attend part of each Youth Council meeting, but the meeting is directed and executed by Youth Council members.
- Pursue your Community Engagement Project either on your own or with a partner – a project that will let more people know about the WPS awesomeness, or will expand WPS awesomeness into new directions.
- Provide honest feedback when requested from the staff or board.
- Take initiative. If something is up, tell the staff or board.
- Maintain consistent and clear communication with each other and with the Executive Director.
- Contribute to WPS social media pages. Each member will contribute three blog posts per year.
- Serve as an ambassador of Women’s Power Space to the community. Distribute flyers, invite people to be a part of it, share info on social media, etc.
So, wanna join the Youth Council and make a difference in your community?? Submit the application form below. Abby will be in touch with you in less than a week. (Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to make sure you receive her emails.)